– No previous knowledge is required. The training is aimed at everyone who enjoys working with people.
– This practice-oriented and multifaceted intensive training is for all people who like to work with other people and want to support them with holistic knowledge for a happier, healthy and vital life.
– The training in wellness and massage therapy is also suitable for health-conscious beginners and retrainees from other professions.
– Already trained occupational groups from the health sector (e.g. alternative practitioners, beauticians, masseurs, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and wellness trainers) can expand their field of activity (wellness sector) even further through this training and further education.
The massage therapist – responsible expert with professional competence. If you want to work as a wellness massage therapist, choose a profession with great potential, in which you can combine your enjoyment of work with people, empathy and first-class techniques. Especially in the wellness area, the number of patients of a trained professional continues to increase, because people seek a relaxing massage to balance a hectic everyday life.
The target group of a massage therapist is extremely diverse and includes active people as well as children, older people or patients with health impairments. In the center however in principle the sufficient technical authority of the Wellnessmasseurs is located, which can be ensured only with the help of a fastidious further training.
An expert therapist acts as a pioneer for physical and mental disharmonies, because a restful massage is always a holistic system that affects body, mind and soul. In contrast to a physiotherapist, a specialist in wellness, massage and prevention does not only treat people with existing symptoms. He can also give healthy people a moment of well-being or effectively alleviate the first signs of discomfort. In times of hectic pace and professional competition, this may help to gently reduce emerging problems before they develop into chronic symptoms. Otherwise they would require a protracted therapeutic measure or possibly not be able to be corrected at all.
A Wellnesstherapeut does not need for it approved regulations of a physician, these treatments may take everyone in requirement, which would like to do its body something good. Such a specialist has the task to care for all patients according to their health situation and to offer practices, which have different positive effects. The latter are extremely multifaceted, since a trained masseur for relaxation treatments has a maximum of expertise and can support the organism deeply effective in its vitality.
Even if you already possess many qualities that an exemplary specialist practitioner should display, you may not work in this occupational field without further training. After all, in addition to empathy and tolerance, the core competencies of a therapist also include far-reaching qualifications in the application of a wide variety of massage techniques.
– Anatomy & Physiology for laymen (individually distributed over all areas / days)
– Storage and environment for treatment
– Indications & contraindications of massage
– Effect and sense of a massage / structure of a massage
– basic techniques and techniques of classical massage (effleurage, pétrissage, friction, tapotements, vibrations)
– Learning the wellness massage
– Introduction to functional gymnastics / back training
– Own working posture body mechanics
– Special techniques and special grip techniques in massage
– Types of grips in classical massage and techniques for deep tissue massage
– Classical Massage / Full Body Massage
– Massage in supine position, prone position and seat (back, legs, arms, hands)
– Shoulder-neck massage while sitting (mobile massage / on-site seat massage / office massage)
– Foot reflex zone wellness massage (*Certificate)
– Head and face massage
– Hot stone massage (massage with hot stones) (*certificate)
– Sports Massage (Basics & Special Techniques) (*Certificate)
– Aroma oil massage (*Certificate)
– Coaching, business start-up, small introduction and time management for self-employment
– Possible applications in your own massage practice and experiences from practice
– Training as massage therapist and wellness therapist (final certificate)
You will also receive a certificate with the following additional qualifications
– Hot Stone Massage
– Foot reflex zones wellness massage
– sports massage
– aromatic oil massage
Therapist training of the SWAV – With individuality to a professional practitioner
The SWAV offers further training for the profession of massage therapist, giving you all the freedom you need to integrate your own ideas into the educational path. We don’t want to train specialists in wellness, massage and prevention who only have a command of standard knowledge. Instead, the graduates of our renowned academy should find a wide-ranging training model that combines the essential information on theory, an outstanding practical section and the personal ambitions of the individual.
The SWAV offers a compact seminar for this purpose, which takes only a short time, but nevertheless offers the best possible training quality, which makes sense for this field of activity. At the same time, you remain flexible, because stressful learning situations, competitive pressure or exam fears will look in vain for you at the prestigious educational institute. So you don’t have to give up your profession or struggle with the constraints of ordinary continuing education.
The wellness therapist training of the SWAV is accessible for everyone even without previous knowledge or previous professional training in the field and imparts to you in small learning groups in a dynamic way the central building blocks of a relaxing wellness treatment. You will be welcomed by a pleasant atmosphere in the premises in Berlin and friendly lecturers will support you beyond the course in all questions arising in connection with your profession. The aim is to give you the experience that a self-assured professional needs through many useful exercises.
If you are also looking for financial relief, you are welcome to subsidise our in-depth course with the education premium. The state subsidy programme covers about 50% of the costs if you belong to the group of beneficiaries. This results in equal opportunities for every person interested in education who is interested in a course to become a massage therapist. At the SWAV, the experienced advanced training then includes a varied interaction of several topics that a specialist should be familiar with for exercising his profession.
Massage therapist training – casual to the dream profession
Are you looking for further training that stands out from traditional seminars, but nevertheless gives you far-reaching qualifications? Then a SWAV course is the ideal choice. Here you will be taught everything a seasoned expert should know in a centred training course. In contrast to other teaching variants, you will not only be familiarised with a massage technique. You will learn the necessary facts about any of the most popular wellness treatments and learn every practice at the highest level. These include, for example:
– classical full body massages
– on-site massages
– Manual Lymph Drainage
– Breuss Massage
– further topics like “massage oils/packs use” or “the influence of sauna”.
In addition, there are countless additional contents that are important for a massage therapist. These are then related to law, professional knowledge or marketing, so that you have the opportunity to start a business after the course without violating legal aspects. In return, you will be looked after by a specialist who is familiar with these factors. In this way, you will receive a comprehensive package consisting of several building blocks that promote a long-term career in the wellness industry.
As SWAV would like to offer each student an authentic teaching option that does not create any pressure or barriers at any time, our training course rounds off with a practical certificate examination. It is optional and does not have to be taken. Then you would not get any qualification for a massage application in the professional field, but only a certificate of participation. If, however, you decide to take the exam, you will only have to take it on a practical level and may repeat it as often as you like.
In this way we want to avoid the fear of the test situation, which has already been proven to lead to a steadily increasing success rate for passing the test for the first time. As soon as you are a certified specialist practitioner for wellness, massage and prevention, also known as massage therapist, you are allowed to enter the active professional practice, which offers several possibilities for a professional.
After you have enjoyed a massage therapist training at the SWAV, you are free to realize yourself in the wellness industry. This can succeed in different ways, because not every professional practitioner strives for the same professional goals.
Some prefer permanent employment in a SPA hotel, wellness centre, fitness studio or other suitable facilities, while some prefer to venture into self-employment and become their own boss. Both could be achieved by continuing education at our academy. The certificate, which verifies the competences you have acquired, serves as a recognised reference for your qualification. Together with the multifaceted topics that have been dealt with, you will be able to offer your future patients a representative range of services that combines massages from different continents.
No matter whether you want to apply the classics from the European regions, specialise in Far Eastern techniques or prefer to bring a harmonious potpourri of international practices to your patients: As a trained massage therapist, you always have the optimum of expertise. That is why you can complete each treatment with rhythmic pressure, even movements and a flowing change between the individual grip techniques, integrate the individual needs of the patient into the application and restore their sense of well-being.
Together with the enthusiasm for this empathic profession and the massage therapist training of the SWAV, you therefore create a promising foundation for establishing yourself as a respected specialist who helps all persons to achieve more vitality in a gentle and sustainable way.
Income: 24,925 € – 45,565 € annual gross salary – depending on region